Saturday, January 20, 2007

Cocoa Pudding to beat Mommy's Treat 4me

I should've gone to Mommy's for lunch, tea and dinner today but... couldn't brave the heavy downpour that's going on then off then on then off. Jeesh, the weather can't seemed to make-up it's mind aites! But then again, I shouldn't blame it on Mr Weather. Just say I just wanna laze about at home and used that as an Xcuse... Mommy called twice luring me with the cheese and chicken ham sandwiches and fried spaghetti she's making. Yeah, I typed the noun-verb correctly, 'making' coz she ain't making if I ain't coming. REASON ~ No one in the house will finish them. I'm labled "The Garbage" in the family despite my slim-slender frame. Huh. What's that about!???

So, apologeticly I declined her offer. Hmph, I'm a witsy bit upset about it thou... Damn the rain. Ooops NOT the rain's fault, not the rain. Damn me! I can't believe I just swore to myself. It must've been the rain. Argh... Sorry rain, NOT your fault OK! #@*&%$

To ease the tension, I made Chocolate Pudding for a treat. Got me butt up and started it a little in the evening after I watched Totally Spies by Disney Channel. No need to make dinner tonight coz I got some Nasi Lemak, Rendang Tok, Sambal Sotong and raw salad courtesy from Mommy from the Tahun Baru Hijrah's gathering last night. That'll do for "B" tonight. Besides, tomorrow we have a last minute b'day party invitation (yet again from Mama-B) by "B's" cousin. I'm wishing they'll serve fried chickens there. Dying to bite into one now. Alrite, here's a simple recipe for the pudding.
Ingredients for Chocolate Pudding
3 cups evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
5 tbsp cocoa (Van Houten)
5 tbsp Milo (opt)
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 pkt agar-agar powder (clear)
Method
Beat egg yolk in a bowl and add evaporated milk and stir. In a bowl thoroughly mix agar-agar powder, sugar, cocoa and Milo. Add to milk and egg. Cook and stir until thick. Remove from heat and add vanilla essence. Cool and serve as pudding or use to fill a graham cracker pie crust and top with whipped cream. I just filled up in these little jelly moulds and cool them in the fridge for 30-45 minutes. Drizzled a little evaporated milk before serving. Delish...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home