Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sesame Chicken & Homemade Mash

I lurve potatoes any ways they're cooked. Fried, baked, boiled, roasted, steamed etc. I especially adores mashed potatoes. In fact any mashes for that matter. I do occasionally buy the instant form of mashed potatoes. Simply pour the powdery thing into water and you're done. But... these instant packets contains "extra" unwanted ingredients which you can omit when making your own. Btw, homemades taste way nicer AND better. winks*
In my opinion, best mashed potatoes for me are from Yukon Gold Potatoes and second will be Russet Potatoes. Yukon Gold Potatoes are medium-sized round potatoes with delicate yellow-colored skins and have a creamy texture, naturally yellow giving them a rich subtle "buttery" flavour while Russets Potatoes are oval to long in shape with russeted skin and pale-yellow white flesh which is floury and full of flavour.
Today's mashed is used with Russet Potatoes and they went well with my Sesame Baked Chicken. A light dinner while watching Gray's Anatomy. Yipppeee...! After that the bag of Kettle Chips next. Honey Dijon purlease...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home