Saturday, May 13, 2006

Pumpkin Pie

sheeesh... I left my cream cheese in the office fridge! Had specially made an effort to Carefoure to get the Phil Cream Cheese coz it was cheaper there compared to Jason's Market. Silly me! The yellow 'post-it' sticker stuck on my pc w/c printed "get cheese fr fridge end day" didn't do much help. Wait a minute, I'm passing NTUC Supermarket on my way home ain't I? Can get the cream cheese there. Hooray! But alas, my happiness was too shortlived. NO CREAM CHEESE SOLD there! haiz... it's afterall a small supermarket and I suppose cream cheese isn't a daily necessity. Darn... now I gotta forgo that cheesecake I've been meaning to do for the hols.
But just as I was going out the aisle... I spotted some pumpkins on sale. Yippeee... Problem solved (as if there was that a huge problem with the cream cheese episode... ;p) I can make Pumpkin Pie. Alrite, easy... compose... once the pumpkin's paid for I pratically ran out almost knocking into a baby's pram... with no baby in it... phew... Well, I can't possibly run all the way home can I??? It's kinda a waste of energy and I'll need that to bake the pie. So... slow walk, then brisk walk, then... heck, can't wait I gotta run!
Reached home panting and took the steps instead of the lift. wtf did I do?!!! Oh, forget it. Pie's business a priority here. An hour later, my Pumpkin Pie's done! Heehehehee... am proud of it's deep yellowy-orangey-peachy-sunsety colour . Aaaahhhh... why didn't I ever order a Pumpkin Pie before??? Oh... of course not... I'll never battle with my decision when a chocolate dessert is in the menu. Pumpkin kinda's a vege dessert so, OUF!
Ingredients for base
8 pieces digestive biscuit (depends on size of tin pie)
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tbsp fine sugar
Method
Crushed biscuits finely and mix with butter and sugar. Bake for 10 minutes @ 180'C. Take out and put aside to cool before pouring the filling.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie
1/4 pumpkin - boiled & mashed
1 egg - lightly beaten
1/8 salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp cloves powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup evaporated/full cream milk
Method
Mix salt, spices and sugar in a bowl. Add in mashed pumpkin and evaporated milk. Mix well. Pour into cooled base. Bake for 30-35 minutes @ 180'C. Put aside to cool, then cut.
Enjoy that slice of homemade Pumpkin Pie mates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home