Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Really Simple Cheesecake

It IS simple and the least ingredients and utensils needed too! You'll still end up with a good cheesecake, only not too rich and less soury coz I there's no additional of sour cream. It's not as 'light' coz again no whip cream was used. It's just a simple, no-fuss cheesecake with a simple base to accompany your evening tea or as for me after dinner dessert. Oh, I should say that ot went well with a cup of coffee. Evenso, I don't like coffee, somehow the two blended well enuf! I've GOTTA perfect my cheesecake just so I could rant on it in my future entry. ;-b
Ingredients for Really Simple Cheesecake
1 block Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1/2 cup fine sugar
1 egg
Bring the cream cheese & egg (if it's refrigerated) to room temperature. Whip cream cheese and sugar till creamy then add in the egg and bind them well.
Ingredients for Base
10 Marie biscuits - finely crushed
1/4 melted butter
Placed the biscuits in a plastic bag and crushed them with my pestle. Then pour in the butter and mix. The biscuits should clump together when pressed into baking tin. Bake for 15 minutes. Then pour in the cheese mixture. Bake @ 180'C for 30 minutes or till edges browned. The mixture will rose in the oven and flattens when you take it out to cool. Let it rest for half an hour before serving. Best to leave it overnight in the fridge and eat the next day. The cheese will be firmer and taste wise just better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home