Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Pizza with Thai Tuna

My Bestest Tuna Chilli are from Thailand
I tried a couple of Thai's can tunas while I was in Bangkok last holidays. They were indeed delicious and very stark different from the can tunas we have here in Spore. The plain tunas in brine/olive oil are basically similar but it's the flavoured tunas which are spectacular! The only tuna mix I like here will only be the Ayam Brand Chilli Tuna. To me, that's the only brand with a reasonable asian mixed tuna and tasted ok too.

Alrite, back on the Thai tunas. They have amazing arrays of sauces mixed with the tunas i.e. tuna in 'Pandaeng' = green coconut gravy, curry gravy, 'Masman' = satay gravy, coconut chilli gravy aka lemak cili api, sambal chilli gravy, herbs and many, many more. When I mentioned gravy, I meant tunas swimming in a pool of gravy which are great to dip that bagutte of yours in...! They'll have additional of peas, potatoes, peanuts, tomatoes, whole bired-eye chillies etc. Thus having a can will definitely filled you up good. Another way I had tuna there was to have it with glutinous rice. They are usually sold everywhere in a packet @ 0THB each. Enuf for one person's helping.Anyhow, I brought a couple back and today I opened a can of Chilli Tuna. I thought it's simply a tuna mixed with slices of chillies with a little flavour. But boy was I in for a surprise! It was filled with spicy kick-ass chilli gravy almost sambal-ish like. It was superliciously hot. And I MEAN HOT!!! Hah... the packaging was just a simple mix and I was deceived. Happily deceived.
Fillings for Thai Tuna Pizza
1 can of Thai Tuna Chilli
Roasted bell peppers
Capsicums
3 cheeses - Cheddar, Mozarella and Brie-Onion & Herb
Homemade Salsa
Arrange the fillings in anyway you like. Bake for 20minutes enuf for the cheeses to melt @ 200'C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home