Wednesday, February 01, 2006

"OK" - Operation Korma

There's still some Briyani rice left and I for sure won't wanna waste it. "what should I have with this rice?..." I spied upon a chicken breast and some chicken neck and ribs (only the bony parts, the meat had been sliced off to make errr... I donch really remember what heeeheehehe...).

Ok, off to "OK" Operation Korma (coz besides pkt curry the other thing I have is korma). Sliced an onion, 1/2 cinnamon stick, 2 cloves and 2 star anises, olive oil for sauteing and butter. I don't have any ghee so butter ought to be the next best thing. First, fry the onion and dried spices for a couple of minute and add in 2 tbsp korma powder. Add in 1/2 cup UHT milk (substitution for coconut milk) and stir well. Add in 1/2 cup of water to make some gravy. Pinch of salt to taste. Lastly, add in chicken and left to simmer for 15 minutes. Thickness of gravy depends on individual and you can also add in chilli flakes for added heat to dish. Ground black pepper would be ok too.

It went deliciously well with the briyani rice. Btw, vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, tomatoes etc can also be added into korma. Since I don't have those at hand I added dried apricots and raisins. They turned out 'juicy' after being left to simmer together in the gravy. Made the gravy taste a little sweet too.

Next time I'm making a bigger batch and eat it with prata or naan or french bread. Makes my mouth water just thinking of it. Perhaps "OK" (Operation Korma) can be accomplish this weekend. Crossing me fingers aite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home