Saturday, November 04, 2006

Chocolate Oil Cupcakes

Moist little things they are!
I'm back baking again...! WeeeYippeee!
Tonight, I gotta go to my Aunty's 'Raya Open House' after the evening prayers. Just to enlighten those who don't really know the term 'Open House', it literally means that the house is OPEN for anyone to visit and the host/hostess will prepare lotsa goodies and food for the guests. Divine huh...!?
I've picked a simple light green chiffon baju kurung to suit "B's" 'Tand Dynasty' looking shirt. I bought that Guess shirt for "B" eons ago and he loved those Chinese motifs and designs on it. Oh btw, that Guess shirt was for 16 years old kids size (thats what the size tag said) and fitted him really well! Got it at a discount at Forum. You know, that mall w/c stores numerous brands of kids apparels, toys etc... they have amaizingly big sizes (w/c are meant for kids), enough for an adult to fit in too!
As I didn't want to come empty handed, I made a quick batch of cupcakes to bring along. Got this recipe from Kak D's blog and they turned out AMAIZINGLY soft and moist! I like!!! The recipe's real easy and it yield 23 cupcakes. I sprinkled on some leftover Cadbury Dark Mint Chocolate bar on top and that added an extra soft chewy umph! Btw, I omitted the chocolate emulco and they still turned out really chocolate colour.
Ok, I gotta shower and get ready for tonight's big makan! Tomorrow's another Raya outing with me Baba's family and I have some treats in mind for the troops!
Ingredients for Chocolate Oil Cupcakes
2 cups sugar
2 cups AP flour
2 tsp biocarbonate soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup Hershey cocoa powder
2 cups water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method
Heat oven @ 180'C. In a bowl, mix in AP flour, sugar, biocarbonate soda and Hershey cocoa powder. Add in water, vegetable oil and vanilla essence. Mix thoroughtly with a spatula till all combine. Pour in 3/4 full into each cupcakes and bake for 25 minutes. I added some chopped Cadbury Dark Mint Chocolate and turned out good. Next time, I'm adding in some chopped nuts for the extra crunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home