Monday, September 25, 2006

Lemon Yogurt Cheesecake

Having said in my earlier entry that I needed to finish up all the veges in the fridge, which also included a couple of lemons too. I've used some of them for the Lemon Pound Cake and thought it'll be useful for a Lemon Cheesecake. I spotted a packet of plain yogurt in the fridge and thank gawd that it haven't passed it's expiry date.
Out came all the ingredients mentioned and I'm set for baking. Within 30 minutes, it's in the oven for baking. Now, I'm happy seeing the vege compartment in the fridge almost empty.
I let the cheesecake cool down before serving. Well... all I can say was that it tasted lemony and sourish enough for me. Not as smooth as I wanted coz I couldn't wait for the cream cheese to thaw and I perhaps didn't beat it well enough and the base crumbs were a little too crumbly. Anyhows, it's baked and eaten and setting well in me tums. No further complaints to that.
Ingredients for Lemon Yogurt Cheesecake
1 packet Philidelphia Creamcheese - thawed
100ml plain yogurt
1/4 cup fine grain sugar
1 tbsb fine grain sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
lemon rind
1 egg
1/4 cup butter - melted
Marie biscuits - finely crushed
Method
combine the crushed biscuits with melted butter and 1 tbsp fine grain sugar. Mix well and pressed into a 9" baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes and let it cool. Cream creamcheese with sugar till smooth. Add in yogurt and lemon juice. Add in egg and cream well. Lastly add in the lemon rind. Pour the mixture into the baked biscuit base and bake for 30 minutes at 180'C. Let it cool before serving. I added a scoopfull of vanilla ice-cream for kicks and it served well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home