Saturday, September 23, 2006

~Getting Ready for Eid Mubarak~

Baked Chickens with Dried Chillies & Soy Sauce + Stir-Fried Greens
Nothing special happened last couple of days. I'm ultra busy finishing up the annual AGMs and Financial Reports. The cookings & bakings seemed to be affected due to this. One pot dishes and a stir-fried as side are the next easiest I could muster besides stir-fried noodles aka mee goreng laa...
I'm trying to finish up all the veges before the Ramadhan begins tomorrow (24/09/06). I've stocked up on meat, chickens and fishes, seperating them into small portions for easy thawing and cooking for breaking fast. This year's no different from any other, I'll be rushing home like mad trying to outrun the time so as to prepare the food in time.
Yeah... yeah... I know there'll be dozens of places selling varieties of kuehs (sweet & savoury desserts), lauks (ready-made dishes) and munchies (snacks) for breaking fast and why should I tire myself crazy rite??? Geeez... I won't have a perfect answer for this but all I want is "B" to come home with homecooked food on the table and into his tums. winks* Of course there'll be somedays when I'll dine out and have a good taste of all the goodies spread out like wildfire which happens every Ramadhan. Hey, it's not everyday you have a spread like this happening and I too will want to soak in the atmosphere of Ramadhan. It's food guys!!!
Ok, enuf for now, I gotta go do some last minute cleanings before the big day tomorrow. Pschycologically, I have this thinking that I WON'T have the energy to have the house cleaned up coz I'll be fasting. But I KNOW it's all BULL-SHIT! Hey, I DID said that it's pschycologically thinking didn't I...!
~*~*~*~To ALL MUSLIMS - HAPPY EID MUBARAK~*~*~*~
Ingredients for Baked Chickens with Dried Chillies & Soy Sauce
Dried Chilli paste - all blended
10 pieces dried chillies - cut, washed & soaked
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
1cm baked belachan (shrimp paste)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sambal
Method
Marinate 5-6 chicken pieces with some of the chilli paste (enough to coat each chicken) + 3 tbsp soy sauce overnight. Shallow fry the chickens till half-cooked and put aside. Heat up 4 tbsp virgin olive oil and fry the remaining chilli paste till split oil. Lay the half-cooked chicken in a baking tray and pour in the fried chilli paste coating. Drizzle some sesame oil. Cover the baking tray with aluminium foil and baked for 20 minutes. Open the foil and bake for a further 20 minutes. Have this while they're hot with rice. Awesomelicious!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home