Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hershey Chocolate Chip Scones

look at those melting chips. makes you drool?
After yesterday's savoury scone, I wanted a sweet scone today. Surfed about and discovered lotsa sweet ones. I was overwhelmed with the choices and narrowed down to two. One was the cranberry scones and the other the chocolate chips scones. I like the former better but was unable to find any dried cranberries at the NTUC Supermarket. Should have bought a packet at Jasons. So, I went for the latter. Got me a packet of the Hershey Chocolate Chips and rushed home to bake. Can't wait!
baked this 5 minutes longer than required for a 'crunchier' result, which I like
I had the similar basic ingredients as the Cheddar Cheese Scones. Only different was the fillings of chocolate chips and 2 tbsp of castor sugar. Just so to sweeten the scone. Making scones are pretty ez. Besides washing up is also a breeze coz you'll only use a bowl, a knife and 1 measuring cup. Oh and your two hands. Great huh?! Still you'll yield an aromatic piece of risen goodness!
imagine dipping this piece into hot cocoa
Usually, scones are eaten as a breakfast treat or for tea. I did neither coz I can only bake after work during the weekdays and on weekends, "B" wouldn't be home at tea and he'll wake up too late for breakfast. Anyhow, it didn't matter. We enjoyed my baking all the same tonight. With a cup of hot cocoa, salted butter and jam, we were ready to go. Frankly, the Chocolate Chips Scones can be eaten on its own, I just prefer the additionals. It'll be better if there was some cream too.
Now, I simply have to get hold of some cranberries or blueberries. Just gotta make that other scone for completeness. I heart scones! blink2*
if only you peeps could smell the buttery-ness of this

I took lotsa pics but it'll be inappropriate to jam all in one entry. There're like 20 pics! I went into a snapping frenzy coz this 'model' was delicious in all angles.

p/s: Yes, Aunt Zan, these pics came genuinely from yours truly not from any downloaded internet pics aite!

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Cooks said...

I can imagine myself sinking my teeth into one of these babies!

15 August, 2006 00:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home