Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Beef Noodle Goodness*

I try to rotate on our diet every now and then. I'm the fussy one. "B"'s fine with anything you put on the table. "B"'s easy to please. And I mean in every matter as a fact! Anyhow, while I still can manage the time to cook/bake, I'll try on new recipes. Actually, apart from me liking what I do, I like it more when "B" showered praises with his ooohs and aaahs... It's a real motivation when you have someone oogling on your cookings each time. (Yeah, I'm a b**ch!).
Since today's weather a little bit haywire. Rained hard in the wee hours, really hot in the afternoon and dead still tonight. So I thought, the Beef Noodles might just be the thing. winks*. I paired the soup with laksa - white rice noodles and it was a hit with "B". Well, I know I'll hit bull's eye everytime. Ok, ok.. I'll quit the arrogance!
Ingredients for Beef Noodle
100g beef slices
1 onion - chopped roughly
1 garlic - smashed
1cm young ginger - smashed
1 lemongrass - smashed
chana dhal - soaked 30 mins
carrot - cubed
potatoes - cubed
green brinjal - cubed
salt to taste
soy sauce
white pepper
water
laksa noodle - blanched
Method
Fill 3/4 pot full of water. Put in beef slices and let it simmer on a very low fire. This will tenderise the beef better. Slow and easy does it. Add in onion, garlic, young ginger and lemongrass. Simmer for 45 minutes with the lid on. Add in chana dhal, carrots and potatoes. Salt to taste, soy sauce and white pepper. Let it simmer for another 20 minutes with the lid on. Add in green brinjal. Switch off fire once brinjals' cooked. Prepare a handful of laksa noodle in a bowl and pour in the soup. I made green chilli padi with sweet black sauce aka sambal kicap to spice up the dish. Happening...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home