Saturday, July 29, 2006

Spicy Oyster Chicken Rice

Yippeee...! It's Saturday = sleep in and wake up late! I was adamant NOT to get up even to accompany "B" out of the door to work. How can I possibly leave my fluffy pillows and the warmth of my bed. Not appropriate! In my sense that is... Anyways, "B" had left a long time ago and I'm still in bed until mommy rang up to remind me of tonight's wedding dinner at Telok Blangah. shussh... I looked outside and noticed the rain had yet to subside. Eeeps... gee mom, think I gotta skip that dinner.
Anyhows, I woke rather reluctantly about 4-ish... The weather's alrite now. Sun's pearing out between the heavy clouds. Yeah, time to get the butt up and have a warm shower. Oh, I almost forgot! Gotta start doing that vlog for the TJ-Travel Journalist project. Up till then, I didn't had the slightest idea what dinner's going to be later. nvm that... the vlog first.
Spicy Oyster Chicken Rice & Cabbage Chicken Soup
While I gather up the project materials, I multitasked surfing a suitable menu for dinner. BINGO! I've decided. Look at that pic... ain't it a beauty! I made the whole 9-yards. Took me a full hour at it. Dinner I'm satisfied with but not so for the vlog TJ project though... sigh... somethings' just not right and I can't figure out what! I'll ponder further tonight. "B"s due home any moment now. I can't wait to hear his verdict for this dinner I made. I'm POSITIVE it's going to be a good one. I can just feel it. Oh wait... I missed something out. DESSERT! Now, will M&M chocolates do???
Alrite, now I share with you the recipe. Ez-pz... winks*
Ingredients for Chicken Rice
2 cups Basmati rice -
soaked 15 minutes & drained
3 cloves garlic - smashed
1cm ginger - smashed
1 lemongrass - smashed
a couple pieces of chicken backbones and neck for flavour - cut
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 cube chicken Knorr
salt to taste
2.5 cups of water
Method
Heat oil and butter and saute garlic and ginger. Add in lemongrass. Add in the cut chicken pieces and let the chickens be half cooked. Add in salt and Knorr chicken cube. Add in the drained Basmati and mix well. Add in water. Switch off fire and transfer to the rice cooker. Let the rice cooker do it's job.
Ingredients for Spicy Oyster Chickens
5 chicken pieces
chilli flakes
chilli powder mixed in salt
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Method
Marinate the chickens with all the above ingredients. Leave for an hour. Place the chickens in a baking tin and cover with aluminium foil. Bake at 200'C for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for a further 20 minutes till crisp. Juice from the chickens are an excellent dipping sauce. Really spicy. That's why I don't make and any chilli dips. It'll be better if the chickens are marinated overnight.
Ingredients for Cabbage Chicken Soup
4 cloves garlic - halves + skin
2 slices ginger + skin
3 cups water
cabbage - sliced
chicken neck and feet
0.5 Knorr chicken cube
salt
chinese parsley
Method
Boil water and throw in the garlic and ginger. Put it on low fire. Add in the the chicken neck and feet. Let it simmer. Add in Knorr chicken cube and salt. Lastly add in the cabbage and switch off fire. Garnish with chinese parsley.

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Cooks said...

Hi Daylillies, oyster sauce chicken is one of my fav ways in preparing chicken but baking it makes it even more unique. I usually simmer of fry in the wok. I must try baking it this time. Thanks for the wonderful tip!

30 July, 2006 18:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home