Saturday, February 18, 2006

Mushroom Fried Rice & Black Pepper Chicken

I'm going to have these for lunch. Which meant, I made a pack lunch. How did I find time... don't ask. This is the sometimes-I'd-do-for-a-change-when-I'm-in-the-mood kind of thing.

I had the
Basmati cooked together with the seasoned chicken and an egg all in the rice cooker. Saves time and little washing afterwards. Cool the rice overnight so as to get it ready to be fried the next day. Actually the plan was to make a chicken flavoured rice (like chicken rice) with Knorr Chicken cube and additional flavour which comes from the seasoned chicken. But somehow, the rice wasn't flavourful enuf and thus the fried rice. I added some shitake mushrooms and a dollop of ground chilli and walaaa... The chicken was stuffed in an aluminium foil with a dash of virgin olive oil, sliced onions, oyster sauce and crushed black pepper and heat this up for 20 minutes in the oven. Came out juicilicious. It'll work well with my fried rice. Now I can't wait to have lunch. grrrr...
Ingredients for Mushroom Fried Rice
Basmati cooked rice
1 onion - diced

2-3 shitake mushrooms - sliced
1 tbsp ground chilli
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1tsp sweet sauce
a dash of sesame oil

Method
Heat oil and fry chilli and onions. Add in shitake mushrooms and stir well. Add rice then all the other ingredients and stir evenly till cook.

Black Pepper Chicken Marinate
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
Cumin, sea salt, sunflower seeds, black pepper, dried rosemary - pound
Mix all these together and smear all over chicken. Let this marinate stand for a couple of hours and bake for 25-30 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home