Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pear Pie for Me Beloved

Mama-B gave me some pears when we visited her last weekend. They were over-riped. "B" loved those but I prefer the hardy ones. I love the crunch in them. I knew, if I were to let those pears sit longer in the fridge, they'll meet "Mr Bin" someday. Eventhough "B" loves soft pears, he'll take blimming ages to finish them. I simply can't waste them... Hmmm... Why not make pies with them?! I got the idea whilst breastfeeding (BF). It's been ages since I last made pies. Last made was during the Girl's Day In.
Last time, I had the luxury of TIME. Now, I'm always in a mad rush. Only relaxing time will be during BF. You simply can't do anything else while doing that. All will need to come to a stop for me Little Princess milk-milk time. I had to 'steal' time to do this pie. I placed Little Princess in her rocker and switched on Cartoon Network. At the moment, "Ben 10" was showing. I had 30 minutes. In a jiffy, the base was mixed, rolled and baked. The filling cubes, mixed and poured in. I let a huge sigh when the pie was baking in the oven. Hah...! I beat the time limit. She;s still watching teevee.
The pie turned out beautiful. I did an open face coz I made an error in the measurement for the skin. I should have doubled it to do a top portion. Argh... nvm. "B" had a slice before going to work. Think I'm going to make it again this weekend for our beach outing with Sister-B. I'll do them in minis...
Ingredients for Pear Pie
Filling:

3 pears - cubed
5 tbsp brown sugar
2.5 tbsp AP flour
a pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
0.5 tsp nutmeg powder
Method - In a bowl, mix all thoroughly.
Skin:
1.5 cups AP flour
1/3 cup UHT milk
1/3 vege oil
Method: In abowl mix all up with a fork. Roll into half cm thick and place in a baking tray/pan. Bake for 10 minutes in 180'C. Take out and let cool. Pour in fillings and bake for another 15 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home