Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pumpkin & Potato Cake

I'm on a roll with my bakings. Actually,I got to clear my veg drawer coz I got a little crazy over the weekend and went for a vege & fruits spree. Not too many but enuf to fill my vege drawer to the brim. I've got 2 Honey Pineapples coz they were cheaper to buy at two, a whole Honeydew, Tangerines, a packet of Butterheads, Baby Carrots, Carrots, Celery, Baby Brinjals (courtesy of me Baba. He planted them), Bird's Eye Chilies aka Chilli Padis, half Pumpkin, a bunch of bananas, 1 whole Aloe Vera leaf, Spinach, frozen mixed veges and a couple of Japanes Sweet Potatoes. Crazieee...!
So... I gotta use those all up before they start to rot. Thus the cake for tonight. I googled "pumpkins" and got this recipe. Its actually a Pumpkin Bread but I kinda modified it a little and baked this. It's full of pumkiney flavour and the smell's awesome. Penetrated the whole kitchen and part of the house. "B" kept shouting - "Is it ready yet saiyyyang...!???"
Ingredients for Pumpkin & Potato Cake
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 Russet potato
1/3 cup vege oil
1/4 cup whole milk
2 eggs - beaten
1 1/2 cup AP flour
1 cup fine grain sugar
1 tsp biocarbonate powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp all spice powder
whole cashew nuts - topping (opt)
Method
Preheat oven @180'C. In a bowl, sift flour, add in sugar and biocarbonate powder. In another bowl mashed pumpkin and potato. Add in beaten eggs, all the spices, milk, salt and vege oil. Mix well. Add mixture into dry ingredients. Mix till combine. DO NOT OVERMIX! Pour into baking tins and top with cashew nuts. Bake @180'C for 60 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home