Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Moist Chocolate Cake

FINALLY! Phew... I got THE recipe for the moist-est Chocolate Cake I've ever baked. Even after a couple of days sitting at the back of my fridge, it took just +/- half an hour of thawing to bring back the moisture. "B's" been raving about it each time he took a bite. Either he's exaggerating OR it totally rawk his world! In fact, I actually am agreeing with "B".
Baking it was a breeze. This chocolate cake is staying in my upmost recipe file. Yeah... yeah... of course I'm sharing. I'm already thinking of baking me family members each a cake for the coming Hari Raya. Onward planning you might say. Just planning... Donno if I'll have the time to bake 10, 20, 30 pieces. Yeap, our family's huge. Mighty huge! If I'm baking for one, I'm baking for the others too. Fair and square. Alrite, enuf babbling and dreaming of the huge bakes. Here's the recipe. Go crazy! ;-p
Ingredients for Moist Chocolate Cake
1 1/2 cup AP flour
1/3 cup Van Houten cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup butter - melted
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
chopped almonds - topping (opt)
Method
Preheat oven @180'C. In a bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Tir in the sugars. Beat butter, buttermilk, milk, eggs and vanilla essence with a whisk till well blend. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and mix well. Pour batter into a baking tray and sprinkle chopped almonds. I divided mine into two 4"x8"x2.5" baking tins. Of course you'll get a smaller cake. Bake between 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool the cake before taking it out of the baking tin. After THIS, you certainly can go crazy!

1 Comments:

Blogger myreality said...

Hi Daylillies!
Wowee! U realie impressed me wif ur culinary skills! I m simply amazed. Kudos to U!

Looking forward to more of ur recipes ok?

25 December, 2007 19:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home