Friday, April 07, 2006

Sweet & Sour Fried Tilapia

Geez I'm sooo 'fried-up' aka f*ck-up
After days of pizzas, pastas and chickens, I kinda missed my Basmati... thus tonight's dinner calls for it. I made Sweet and Sour Fried Tilapia. I wanted to get either the Seabass or Garoupa but today's catch were too expensive. Oh, and I made the sauce from scraaatch...! Delicious! NO, I did not overeact! The sauce was indeed goood! I trust my judgement aites, *SALUTE*. IT IS good enough that I'll make double portions the next round and have them stored in the fridge (a week max). It'll be great with pastas and my oh well... pizza bases. And maybe many other combis I've yet to think of.

Btw, I had the lady maning the fish counter cleaned my Tilapia. If I were to do it, it'll definitely end up a sad battered looking fella. Trust me. So NO-GO! Now let's start tossing. Heads or Tails?!!!
Sweet Sour Fried Tilapia - Heads
Sweet Sour Fried Tilapia - Tails I went ballistic! Heads,Tails,Heads,Tails
eeps... Heads it is then And here goes the recipes.

Ingredients for Sweet & Sour Sauce
2 onions - diced
2-3 garlic - diced
3 tomatoes - diced
2 celery sticks - sliced
honey pineapples - sliced
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chili sauce
thai chili flakes (they're hotter)
1/2 Knorr chicken cube
1 tsp soy sauce
1-2 tbsp brown sugar (depending how sweet you want it)
powdered oregano
crushed black pepper
Weatherford Serendipity Salt
water (depending how thin you want the sauce to end up)
fried shallots (opt)
extra virgin olive oil

Method
Heat up the oil and in goes the onion and garlic. Turn fire to small. Cover the saucepan to sweat them till translucent and soft. Add in tomatoes and cover. Halfway through, open lid and mashed all with the back of ladle. Add in Knoor chicken cube, Serendipity salt, thai chili flakes and crushed black pepper. Stir well. By now, it will be a little watery. Add in soy sauce and brown sugar. Then add in celery sticks and honey pineapples. Add in enough water and cover. Simmer for a couple of minutes. Lastly add in fried shallots.
Opt to add in salt if the taste is too bland. Pour all over fried fish and serve.

Ingredients for Fried Tilapia
1 egg - beat

white pepper
flour
breadcrumbs
salt
vegetable oil - frying

Method
Cleaned fish. Mix flour and white pepper. Rubbed salt all over fish. Dip into flour. Then into egg. Then back to flour. Dust and deep fry till golden brown. Till you can chew the bones outta the damn fish! Drain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home