Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mango Chocolatey Cake

Mango season is in right now. Erm... WAIT. I think... mangoes have no season nowadays. Daddy had been bringing boxes of mangoes from his garden. At one point, it was mango for breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, tea, dinner and supper! I'm NOT complaining. Who doen't want free ripe juicy yellowey ultra sweet mangoes. Since I'm BF, I reckon it's always good to have fruits in your diet. Mango is a fruit. So good lar. Heheheeeh... Since there's sooo many mangoes, there'll bound to be left a side for sometime before the next person yearns for them (which I foresee will be a looong while). So... I packed some home to make this cake. A little change from having the fresh bite. Now... what should I do with the one, two, three, five, seven... ten more mangoes?!!! Eat lar... No way I'm going to waste them! Oh, I brought some to Mama-B too.
Ingredients for Mango Chocolatey Cake
2 cups bread flour
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup warm milk
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp Van Houten cocoa powder
250g Cadbury plain milk chocolate
1/2 cup sunflower seeds

Method
Beat eggs and brown sugar. Add in melted butter. In another bowl, sift bread flour, baking powder. Add in cocoa powder and salt. Pour in egg mixture into flour mixture. Fold in well. Pour in warm milk. Break in milk chocolate and mix thoroughly. Let the milk chocolate be chunky coz they'll melt while baking. Add in sunflower seeds. Bake @ 180'C for 25 minutes. Let cool before serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home