Kueh Lapis Beras
This is definitely a first. Been hesitating to try make this kueh coz it's bloody tedious lar... It needs to be done layer-by-layer and with Little Princess it's a no-no kueh for me. But "B" persisted and said that he'll look after Little Princess while I went about my kueh making. Baby behaved tremendiously well. "Mesti lah dengan Papa dia. Her beloved playmate kan..." After almost an hour... I succeeded. Phew...! No more making htis for a while now. Gotta wait till Little Princess grows older. Anyhows, "B" enjoyed this pinky-white layered kueh to the last bit. He sooo loved kuehs... In fact, he sooo love EVERYTHING!!! Ingredients for Kueh Lapis Beras
250g rice flour
350g fine sugar
300ml boiling water
200ml thick coconut milk
2 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tsp salt
1) Mix rice flour, tapioca flour and fine sugar.
2) Pour in water a little at a time.
3) Pour in boiling water and mix well.
4) Pour in thick coconut milk.
5) Divide into two mixtures.
6) Drop in red colouring into 1 mixture.
7) Steam layer-by-layer. Each layer will take appx 5 minutes.
8) Let cool before cutting and serving.