Sunday, November 18, 2007

Nutella Mango Cake

It's been quite a while since I last baked. Now into the last trimester and I'm feeling rather sLooooW, tired and out-of-mood for kitchen duties. Endurence for another say... one half months more. Weeeee...! Now, I prefer to cook or bake in the early morning coz that's when my energy is at its fullest. Come towards the evening, I'd be exhausted. By what really, I don't know??? I pity "B" not having to have his sweets weekly nowadays. apart from that, we had also been buying packet food for dinner. Which is a bore at times. We still love homecooked food no matter how simple it may be. But, I just can't help feeling lethargic whenever I'm back from work. I simply will take a bath and then laze at the sofa and have a cup of hot milk.
But this weekend's different. Me Baba had brought home some organic mangoes and I took home 3 huge ones. They aren't really sweet or too sour. Just in-betweens. Thus, I decided on making a cake rather than to eat them fresh. Pairing mangoes with chocolate was an experiment just because I had half a bottle of Nutella that needed to be finished before the end of the month. Surprisingly, the cake turned out well! The sourish taste of the mangoes blended well with the chocalatey-gooeyishness from the Nutella. "B" almost finish the whole loaf but saved quarter for a next round.
Now, I'm happier that the mangoes and Nutella are cleared from my kitchen. We shall see, when's the next time I'll be baking again. Hopefully, for Idiladha or Christmas or New Year's mayhaps?
Ingredients for Nutella Mango Cake
2 large mangoes - mini-cubed
1/3 cup butter - melted
1/2 tsp cinnamon powde
1/3 tsp nutmeg powder
1 egg
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp biocarbonate soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1.5 cups AP flour
Nutella - I used about 150g
Method
In a bowl, mix the mini mango cubes with the melted butter. In another bowl, beat egg and pour in sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well. Pour the egg mixture into the mango cubes and mix thoroughly. Sift flour a bit by bit at a timeto avoid lumps. DO NOT OVERMIX! Just fold in the flour till it gradually dissappeared. Grease a baking tin and pour in the mixture. Scoop in the Nutella and spread on top. With a toothpick, swirl in the Nutella into the cake mixture. Bake at 180'C for 30 minutes. Cool and serve warm. The Nutella will ooze out from within creating a soft, chocolatey flow onto your plate. Like molten lava. Hokay, I'm exxagerating. But the warm chocolate and sourish mango bits was a nice mid-morning treat for "B". Oh, have them with a cup of coffee. Good way to start your weekend going!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Such an interesting recipe--looks great! I love fruits and Nutella together.

Perhaps you'd be interested in World Nutella Day, celebrating the wonderful chocolate hazelnut spread on February 5th?

Read more about World Nutella Day here.

Tell your readers, tell your friends, and let's coat the world in a big ole layer of chocolate hazelnut goodness ;)

27 January, 2008 03:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home