Sunday, September 16, 2007

Choc Chips & Raisins Bread Pudding

Time sure went by pretty fast this year! I've made through the 3rd day of Ramadhan and going strong for the fourth. Had wanted to break fast at my grandma's but let go of the idea when Baba said that he won't be able to make it in time there. Work committment peeps. Thus, I decided to sleep in till the mid-afternoon. It rained mid-morning and I can't (or more so WON'T) do any housework. Excuses, excuses!!! Woke up at 4-ish and went about to make food for breaking fast. I had in mind "Roti John" and Bread Pudding since I took a french loaf from Mommy's yesternight. Alright, the menu's sounds fine to me. Called "B" for an opinion AND as usual the answer's... "anything Sayang...". Alrighty!!!
Took my own sweet time to cook and everything was done just a couple of minutes before the prayers. "B" came home 20 minutes later. He got me a packet of bandung. I should had taken a pic as evidence. The bandung was uber pink! A little wrong touch and it'll turned fuscia. I swear!!! God...! It tasted as though a full bottle of rose essence had been poured in. Nevertheless, I did thanked "B" for it before commenting it of course. Ey, I ain't all that bad hokay... Next time I'm gonna buy a bottle of rose syrup and make my own bandung with lotsa evaporated milk in it. Make it uber creamy. Mmm... For now, that packet will just have to do.
Ingredients for Choc Chips & Raisins Bread Pudding
1/2 a french loaf
1 cup whole cream milk
1 egg
5 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
a pinch of salt
some water (opt)
vanilla essence
3 tbsp Van Houten cocoa powder
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup choc chips
butter to glaze
Method
Break the french loaf into small pieces and soak in with the whole cream milk. Whisk egg with sugar till dissolve. Pour in evaporated milk, vanilla essence, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt. Pour into the bowl of soaked bread. Mix well. Glaze the baking tray and pour half the bread content into the it. Layer with raisins and choc chips and pour in the rest of the bread mixture. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes @ 120'C or until skewer comes out clean.
My "B" adores my bread pudding a lot coz just now he ate half of the baked bread pudding at one sitting. Way to go "B"! Another half ought to be gone by sahur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home