Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mihun Grg Cili Kering dan Udang Kering

Translated as Fried Beehoon with Dried Chilies and Dried Prawns. I wanted to have Dry Fried Mee Siam but was short on the fermented soybeans. Can't be bothered to dress up and run down (eh... slow walk. Me and my fat tums and all... jeesh...) to NTUC just to get a bottle. Thus, I made do without it. It didn't turned out anywhere like a Fried Mee Siam but just the norm Fried Beehoon. Hokay-lah...! Also, I managed to clear lotsa 'small-bits' of food in the fridge and campak into my mee. I gotta get the fridge clear soon before my delivery as I MIGHT NOT be able to cook during my confinement period. Guess Mommy will need to tapau from her home each day. Well... I don't EXACTLY know how's the arrangements going to be like. But what's final (at least by me that is) is that I'll be going through the confinement period at my home-sweet-home. I can't imagine sleeping on Bratsy Sista's bed. Ain't the same compared to mine. Besides, there'll be no "B's" smell on hers!
the presentation looked messy!!!
"B" as ALWAYS loves anything I cooked. Sweets huh...!!! The fried beehoon was a little on the fiery side. Dried chilies usually gave a deeper "zing" compared to fresh ones. Fortunately, I've de-seeded them. Can't imagine IF I hadn't. Anyways, I had a dessert for "B" to wash down the fiery-ness of it all. It'll be in the next post.
Ingredients for Mihun Grg Cili Kering & Udang Kering
1 pkt beehoon (300g) - soaked
10 dried chilies - soaked, de-seed & pound
A handful dried prawns - soaked & pound
1 shallot - pound
3 garlics - pound
fresh prawns - de-shelled
beef - thinly sliced
china cabbage - sliced
carrots - julliene
shitake mushroom - sliced
3 tbsp soy sauce
5 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
fresh tomatoes
oil
water
Method
Heat oil and fry pounded chili paste, shallot and garlic till fragrant. Add in pounded dried prawns. Let cook for a couple of minutes. Add in sliced beef and let cooked. Add in prawns. Add in a little water so it mixture won't be too dry. Add in shitake mushrooms. Add in soy and oyster sauce. Taste depends entirely on ndividual. Add or minus the sauces to your liking. Add in tomato sauce. Mix all well. Add in all vegetables. Pour in more water if needed. Lastly, add in beehoon. Mix the beehoon thoroughly with the mixture till all covered. Let simmer for a while. Close fire and have the lid close to retain moisture. Serve with fresh tomato wedges. It'll be great if there's chopped parsley or scallions. Mmmmm...!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beachlover said...

OOOoo...I love your spicy meehoon..dah lama tak makan mee hoon cook this way..extra chili lagi bagus!!

25 November, 2007 16:12  
Blogger Daylillies said...

Jgn over sgt with the chilies. PEDAS!!! I used to love all things spicy BUT now (since pregnancy), I like non-spicy. Weird!!! Tx for visiting my blog eh BeachLover!

29 November, 2007 12:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home