Sunday, November 25, 2007

Berangan & Dates Bread

Freshly baked bread from the oven
Nicely sliced 'n' arranged
Shot from the other angel
I made a "quick" bread for dessert. Got the recipe from joyofbaking.com and tweaked the fillings to what I have at home. I had 3 Berangans (a type of sweet asian bananas) left hanging and some Iranian dates from last Ramadhan. Great combi. I added a swirl of kaya on top and sunflower seeds as added decorations. Besides, I read that sunflower seeds are a good source of numerous nutrients. Oh, not forgetting some dried mangoes I had and chopped them all up and tossed them in too! It was pretty darn easy to make and took under an hour including baking time. I followed the Banana Bread recipe. I used brown sugar and lessen the amount to half a cup as I'll be adding dates and kaya into it. The quick bread turned out moist, sweet and definitely delish! I kept another half a batch in the tupperware for another round tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home