Friday, August 24, 2007

Emergency Mee Goreng

After, the big 'Kampung' dinner yesterday, "B" wanted me to cook something simpler tonight. How simple IS simple? Not cooking IS the simplest! Being "B", he didn't suggest any. He gave me the go-ahead to do anything I want, following my taste for the day. Simple for me are one dish meals. Either mee goreng or fried rice. Since, I DO have a packet of yellow mee needed to be used, why not Mee Goreng basah-pedas. But, argh...! I'm short of the ground dried chillies. The ultimate agent needed in cooking a "power" mee goreng! Nah... noway I'm gonna cut, soak, blend the dried red chillies. Too much hassle. Defeat the meaning of simple cooking. So... I came up with the "Emergency Mee Goreng". Hah... It did eventually tasted close enough. "Pedas" (Hot) enough. "Basah" (Wet) enough. Okie docs, "B" mari makan sekarang! ("B" come eat now!"). He gave his thumbs-up.
Tomorrow, no more being lazy. I'm gonna blend those dried red chillies and store it in the refrigerator for future use. You'll never know when it'll come in handy. Just ANYTIME...!!!
Ingredients for Emergency Mee Goreng
500g yellow noodles
1 large red onion - chopped finely
3 garlic - chopped finely
2 red chillies - chopped finely
1/3 cup chilli sauce
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/8 tbsp light soy sauce
1/8 tbsp dark soy sauce
crushed black pepper
100g minced meat
2 chicken breasts - sliced
1 hard tofu - cubed
cabbage - chopped roughly
oil

Method
Heat oil and fry onion, garlic and red chillies. Add in minced meat and chicken breasts. Stir till cook. Add in chilli, tomamto, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce. Stir till boiled slightly then add in hard tofu cubes. Add in yellow noodles and mix well. Sprinkle some crushed black pepper. Lastly add in chopped cabbage. Mix all well. Serve hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home