Sunday, April 09, 2006

Let's Eat & Be Merry!

Interestingly, I used chili powder instead of fresh/dries chili paste. Colour was fine but taste wise have not much umph! Just a little hot but no near spicy. I had to make do with what was in my mom's pantry.
I had the laksa with baked chicken. Made a quickie marinate of Nando's Peri-peri Sauce, McCormick Seasoning, dried rosemary, crushed black pepper and a pinch of salt. Baked mid rack @ 200'C for 30 minutes. It'll definitely taste better if I had marinated longer.

A friend came by and got us a packet of Rojak Keling. It's a mixture of fried stuffs such as fritters with egg/parsley & chives/prawn/plain, fried fishcakes, fried fish fillets, fried ngo hiangs, fried beancurds, fried hotdogs, fried potatoes and etc. Bottomline ALL fried la! These are then cut into bitesize pieces and eaten with sweet peanut sauce which is ALWAYS in red dye colouring. A thing about indian food hawkers, they seemed to love the red food dye. Donno why?!!! BLOODY stained your fingers. Imagine what it'll do to your tums???* BLOODY RED! Oh, something 'extra' in the sauce were these jelly pearls (similar to the ones w/c are added in Ice Kacangs). What's UP with that!???Btw, colour - Red of course. Unbelievable!
Ok too finish this entry off, I just had to take a picture of these fresh prawns. Usually they'll come to me all deliciously cooked from Mom and ready to be devoured. But today, I had Mom packed them up for me uncooked to bring back. I'll do the cooking. A little bit excited as I don't often have fresh prawns coz where I live they seemed to come in XSS sizes and XXL prices! Bugger!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home