Saturday, April 15, 2006

All Veg Popiah


I made these a while back. A light snack which I love to do in advance, freezed them and then baked whenever I needed. Its tremendously easy and the fillings can varies as desired. I did potato curry and now it's all vege fillings. I never bought any off the shelves frozen popiah or spring rolls coz (1) the prices are too ridiculous (2) their fillings are amaizingly little and dry too! and (3) I can't imagine the preservatives. Besides homemade are always bestest coz you'll get more quantity and way better quality.
Ingredients for Veg Popiah fillings
1 turnip - strips
1 carrot - strips
1 onion - chopped
2 garlics - chopped
canned button mushrooms - sliced
shitake mushrooms - sliced
canned peas
salt to taste
1 tbsp light soy sauce
crushed black pepper
olive oil

Method
Heat oil and fry onion and garlic. Wait till onion becomes translucent. Add in button and shitake mushrooms. Then add in turnip, carrots and peas. Mix well. Then add in soy sauce and salt to taste. A little crushed black pepper. Not too much coz we don't want it too peppery hot. Put a side to cool and you're ready to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home