Monday, April 24, 2006

Made that Curry Chicken

Ok. I gotta be honest here. I, xxxxxx, hereby solemnly declare that I BLOODY HATE curries! there... the truth nothing but the whole truth! I just DON't like it! PERIOD...! But..... I somehow made an attemp tonight. Ironic but TRUE! (lotsa exclamation coz I'm still surprise myself!).
I did try making a pot donkey years back and it tasted blah! So no-no to curries no more. But tonight's pot changed my faith with curries. I like MY curry. Notice "MY"? Meant that I'd proudly say MY curry was deliciously edible. Mentioned edible in case you peeps ain't believing in me. Suits my palate perfectly alrite. So, here's to lots more future curries. Go on... bet on it...
Ingredients for Chicken Curry
2 inch cinnamon sticks
4 cloves
1 star anise
cumin seeds
nutmeg powder
5 tbsp curry powder
(i used Malabarmasala brand)
1 onion - pound
3 garlics - pound
1 inch young ginger - pound
1 tsp salt
water
6-7 chicken parts
(i used drumsticks & thighs)
1 pkt coconut milk
1 potato - wedged
1 tomato - wedged
1 carrot - sliced 1 inch thick
2 celery sticks-sliced 1inch thick
vegetable oil
curry leaves

Method
Heat oil and fry cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise and cumin seeds till fragrance. Add in all pounded ingredients and fry till fragrance too. Make a mixture of curry paste (curry powder+water) and pour into pot. Don't let the paste be too dry in the pot. Add in a little oil if it is so. Fry till the paste split oil. Add in curry leaves. Pour in coconut and water. Add in all the chicken parts and vegetables. Stir well. Let the mixture simmer or till chicken cooked. It tasted better when eaten the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home