Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fudge Brownie

Best ever Brownie I did.
A dessert after a meal is an actual must for me. You can say that I have sweet teeth instead of a sweet tooth. Before I know how to bake, I used to get a whole cake every week from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. So, four whole cakes monthly without a miss. Usual purchase would be carrot cakes, brownies and cheesecakes. Now, I bake my own and will occasionally purchase a cake. Of course, mine will be nowhere compared to store bought but it sure is a hell lot cheaper! Besides I get the experience as well as the satisfaction of baking. Oh and the upmost important thing of all... I adores the COMPLIMENTS... awww... Ingredients for Brownie cake
4 eggs - seperated
200g castor sugar
200g dark chocolate (Lindt)
150g butter
2 heaps tbsp self-raising flour
pinch of salt
walnuts - roughly chopped (opt)
Method
Add sugar and egg yolks and mix well till creamy. Melt dark chocolate and butter in a bowl ober a pot of boiling water. You know what I mean aite! Put the chocolate sauce aside to cool. Once cooled, pour into the egg and sugar mixture and stir well. Add flour and walnuts. Fold in egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into a well grease baking tin. Bake for 30 minutes @ 180'C.
Ingredients for Fudge Sauce
1 tbsp cocoa powder (Van Houten)
1 can evaporated milk
75g plain chocolate - grated
25g butter
Method
Combine cocoa and evaporated milk in a pan and whisk. Add in all the other ingredients.
Heat the mixture gently till chocolate, butter and sugar melt.
DO NOT heat mixture till boil but just hot or warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home