Sunday, December 18, 2005

Banana Bread @ me 1st try


Hah... tadaaa... me banana bread! Been awhile since I want to try baking a banana bread. Can't seems to find those darn small sweety bananas (not the Del Monte kind but those little yellow ones). My bread didn't rise well though, so... was a little dense & heavy. Perhaps the folding was the culprit! Need to work on that fold more aite! Anyways, these batch were still edible enuf. I toast them a little more after I cut them to bite pieces & had them with a spread of butter. mmm... fabulicious! Can't wait to bake again & hope (I'm crossing all fingers possible) next time my cake will turn out better. In the mean time I'll enjoy these. oh ya...! Yikes... I forgot that pear jam in the fridge. It'll be a great spread too!

Ingredients
3-4 bananas mashed (ripe ones would be best)
1.5 cup plain flour
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup coarse white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg - beat
1 tsp vanilla essence
chopped bananas (opt)

Method
Mix in sugar & melted butter into bananas. Add in egg. Add in vanilla essence & baking soda. Sift flour and fold in a little at a time. Lastly add in chopped bananas (opt). Grease baking tin. Bake 1hr @ 180'C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home